Deemed this spring’s most exciting new camp by Travel + Leisure, The Highlands opens June 5 with complete redefinition of the the Ngorongoro Crater experience.
Eight suites are fashioned from canvas and glass, creating a stylish nod to the geodesic dome, a design that is unrivaled in African camps. The camp’s site is elevated, perched higher than any surrounding accommodation, and offers epic panoramic views. The contemporary design is complemented by classic seclusion. The Highlands sits alone at the edge of the Olmoti Crater, northeast of the more heavily traveled Ngorongoro Crater. By avoiding the throngs of tourists and lodges that line Ngorongoro’s rim, The Highlands’ special location enables guests to enjoy walks and light hikes around the less frequented Olmoti and Empakaai craters while still allowing easy access to the famous Ngorongoro Crater.
The crater access is unmatched. Follow ancient Maasai cattle trails through the Olmoti Crater's mountain forest for exceptional birding and butterfly watching. Venture into Empakaai Crater for a walk to the soda lake where flamingos frequently congregate. And, of course, descend into the world-renowned Ngorongoro Crater, home to more than 25,000 large animals, including lion, cheetah, black rhino, buffalo, zebra, wildebeest and many more.
Click here to read more about The Highlands.
Call Us to Book Your Safari – 1-800-543-8917
|Click Here to Email a Safari Specialist|
You may also like
- Greystoke Mahale and the World's Best Chimpanzee Viewing
- Vumbura's "Chocolate" Zebras
- Chiawa Camp: A Photographer’s Paradise
- Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2014
- Newborn Elephant at Abu Camp
- Namiri Plains: A Whole New Serengeti
- Dunia Camp: The Serengeti's Year-Round Safari
- Discover Marataba Private Reserve
- Mashatu's Photographic Hides
- Duba Plains: Photography in Botswana's Green Season
- Lion Sands Builds New Tree Houses
- The Exclusive Safari: South Africa Edition
- Africa's Best Sleepouts
- New Sleepout at Ruckomechi Camp
- Interesting Elephant Facts from Camp Jabulani
- Discover the Sea's Greatest Wildlife
- Linkwasha Camp Reopens May 2015!
- Discover Lamai Camp's Secret Season
- Africa's Best Family Safari Camps
- The Jao Safari: Botswana’s Most Diverse
- Little Ruckomechi: Zimbabwe's Most Exclusive New Camp
- Africa’s Best New Camps & Lodges
- New Private Family Lodge in South Africa