Marataba Safari Lodge lies within its own 57,000-acre private reserve, part of the Marakele National Park. This area of South Africa's Waterberg Massif is unparalleled in scenery and accompanied by an abundance of animals—lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, buffalo, hyena, giraffe, zebra, impala, bat-eared fox, greater kudu and one of the largest Cape vulture habitats in Africa.
The lodge itself consists of 15 canvas and stone tents split between a beautiful main area, which features fireplaces, sofas, a curio shop, small library and incredibly warm staff. Despite the lovely indoor dining room, meals are taken al fresco on the lawn overlooking the mountain range whenever possible—if it's not raining, you will likely want to take in the views, and the staff understand that!
Experience Marataba's highly unique and completely uncrowded wilderness area along with the gracious hosting of the lodge itself. Managers Gawie (pronounced how' wee) and Yolandi Grobler, both qualified naturalist guides in their own rights, create a homelike atmosphere in camp, while guides from all parts of South Africa, and even one from the UK, create a solid naturalist team.
Images of Marataba Safari Lodge
You may also like
- Greystoke Mahale and the World's Best Chimpanzee Viewing
- NEW! The Highlands at Ngorongoro Crater
- Chiawa Camp: A Photographer’s Paradise
- Namiri Plains: A Whole New Serengeti
- Dunia Camp: The Serengeti's Year-Round Safari
- Mashatu's Photographic Hides
- Duba Plains: Photography in Botswana's Green Season
- Lion Sands Builds New Tree Houses
- The Exclusive Safari: South Africa Edition
- Africa's Best Sleepouts
- New Sleepout at Ruckomechi Camp
- Interesting Elephant Facts from Camp Jabulani
- Discover the Sea's Greatest Wildlife
- Linkwasha Camp Reopens May 2015!
- Discover Lamai Camp's Secret Season
- Africa's Best Family Safari Camps
- The Jao Safari: Botswana’s Most Diverse
- Little Ruckomechi: Zimbabwe's Most Exclusive New Camp
- Africa’s Best New Camps & Lodges
- New Private Family Lodge in South Africa