Mashatu Game Reserve is often called The Land of Giants because it is home to the largest mammal (elephant), tallest mammal (giraffe), Africa's largest cat (lion), largest antelope (eland), heaviest flying bird (kori bustard), and largest bird (ostrich), as well as massive baobab trees. Leopard are also seen almost every day of the year!
Not only can you do traditional wildlife drives, discovering animals large and small, but other activities in Mashatu's semi-arid landscape of woodland, plains and sandstone outcrops include mountain biking, advanced horseback riding, walks and tracking animals with specialist researchers based at the property.
Click here to see our featured safari for Mashatu and MalaMala, including a special charter between the two camps.
You may also like
- Lewa Becomes UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Namibia: Where the Wild Things Roam
- South Africa: Land of Diversity
- Borana Conservancy's Rhino Relocation
- Southern Africa's Best Walking Safaris
- The Big Five, Big Seven and Beyond!
- Wild Southern Tanzania
- Top Five Places to Spot a Cheetah
- Meet the Sabi Sand's 'Big Five'
- Southern Africa’s 7 Ultimate Sights
- Five Amazing Cape Town Experiences
- Kenya's Northern Frontier District
- Five Ways to Experience Botswana
- Serengeti's Great Migration
- Ballooning over Busanga Plains
- Africa's Hot Spots to Visit in 2017
- Top Three African Air Safaris
- Six Essential East Africa Experiences