South Africa boasts nine distinct biomes, offering an assortment of habitats to combine in a single trip for the ultimate wildlife viewing experience. For a first-time traveler to Africa, a South African safari is a great place to start.
View the ‘big five’ – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhino – in the Madikwe Game Reserve, Kruger National Park or Sabi Sand Reserve, observe cheetah in Zululand’s Phinda Reserve, track black rhino in the Southern Kalahari and view seasonal great white sharks, whales and penguins in Cape Town.
Click here to start planning!
Image from Kwandwe Game Reserve
You may also like
- Lewa Becomes UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Namibia: Where the Wild Things Roam
- Mashatu Game Reserve, Botswana
- Borana Conservancy's Rhino Relocation
- Southern Africa's Best Walking Safaris
- The Big Five, Big Seven and Beyond!
- Wild Southern Tanzania
- Top Five Places to Spot a Cheetah
- Meet the Sabi Sand's 'Big Five'
- Southern Africa’s 7 Ultimate Sights
- Five Amazing Cape Town Experiences
- Kenya's Northern Frontier District
- Five Ways to Experience Botswana
- Serengeti's Great Migration
- Ballooning over Busanga Plains
- Africa's Hot Spots to Visit in 2017
- Top Three African Air Safaris
- Six Essential East Africa Experiences