Take advantage of Cape Town’s fair summer season during this winter in the US, and try some of our favorite activities in the “mother city.”
- Trace the Cape Peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope, seeing baboon, zebra, ostrich, penguin and the Cape’s unique fynbos plantlife along the way.
- Enjoy wine tastings in the Cape Winelands nearby, some estates dating back over 300 years and many featuring iconic Cape Dutch architecture.
- Visit the District Six Museum to learn about the struggles of the Apartheid Era and celebrate the triumphs since then.
- On a Saturday, visit the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock to enjoy gourmet food and drinks from an assortment of local exhibitors and shop for art, pottery, and locally made fashions.
- Take a walk through Greenmarket Square and the Company Gardens downtown, dating back to the 17th century.
Image of Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
You may also like
- Lewa Becomes UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Namibia: Where the Wild Things Roam
- Mashatu Game Reserve, Botswana
- South Africa: Land of Diversity
- Borana Conservancy's Rhino Relocation
- Southern Africa's Best Walking Safaris
- The Big Five, Big Seven and Beyond!
- Wild Southern Tanzania
- Top Five Places to Spot a Cheetah
- Meet the Sabi Sand's 'Big Five'
- Southern Africa’s 7 Ultimate Sights
- Kenya's Northern Frontier District
- Five Ways to Experience Botswana
- Serengeti's Great Migration
- Ballooning over Busanga Plains
- Africa's Hot Spots to Visit in 2017
- Top Three African Air Safaris
- Six Essential East Africa Experiences