US/Canada 1 (800) 543.8917
A Touch of Rwanda Gorilla Safari
4 days, 3 nights
Start Planning Your Custom Safari
$2,393 – $5,810
(all-inclusive price per person, depending on dates & camps selected)
view larger image
Spend two days tracking gorillas on the forested slopes of the ancient Virunga volcano chain in Africa’s oldest national park. Established in 1925 to protect the mountain gorilla, the park was the base for famous American naturalist Dian Fossey’s research on the gorillas. On the western edge of Rwanda bordering contiguous parks in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the region is home to approximately 604 mountain gorillas, just over half of the world’s total.
Our Expert Says
With the gorillas just a short 2- to 3-hour drive from Kigali, Rwanda is the best choice for a quick trip to trek the mountain gorillas. This itinerary can stand on its own, but is really designed to be an add-on to another African safari destination.
view image gallery
Days 1-2: Volcanoes Nat'l Park
Track gorillas in the early morning on the forested slopes of the ancient Virunga volcano chain in Africa’s oldest national park. Established in 1925 to protect the mountain gorilla, the park was the base for famous American naturalist Dian Fossey’s research. On the western edge of Rwanda bordering parks in both Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the combined region is home to approximately 604 mountain gorillas, just over half the world’s total.
view image gallery
Day 3: Kigali
Located in the geographical heart of Rwanda, compact, low-rise Kigali is the country’s rapidly growing capital and center of commerce. The attractive city sprawls across verdant mountains and enjoys a pleasant high-altitude climate. Kigali is home to fine contemporary hotels and restaurants whose international menus incorporate local flavors and historic Belgian influence. Kigali's lively and colorful crafts market is considered one of the best in Africa.
view image gallery
Day 4: Kigali/Home
Your safari adventure ends today in Kigali, Rwanda.
- iSafari.com's Africa safari planner cannot precisely calculate the costs of air and land transfers to all camps and lodges as the locations and travel distances vary slightly. With this in mind, your final quote may increase or decrease by a small amount.
- The estimated rates given for these itineraries are adult rates, but many properties offer reduced rates for children. Please contact our office for more information.
- Holiday surcharges may apply for travel in late December and early January, and occasionally over the Easter holiday.
- A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the trip fee per person is required upon booking to confirm your reservation.
- All accommodation on a double occupancy basis
- Meals at camps and lodges.
- Excursions and transfers unless listed as optional
- Services of an NHA Safari Expedition Leader and lodge staff
- Relevant park fees
- Alcoholic and soft drink beverages are included at some camps and lodges
- Laundry service is available at most permanent camps/lodges and hotels; in some cases this service is included in the tariff quoted
- Air transfers within countries as specified
- Accommodation taxes, the applicable Tourism Levies and all relevant Value Added Tax (VAT) or Government Sales Tax (GST)
- Lunch on Day 1 in Kigali
- Travel to the start and end point of the route
- Generally lunch and dinner in city hotels (except lunch Day 1)
- Alcoholic and soft drink beverages at some camps and lodges
- Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance, medical evacuation insurance is required at a minimum
- Staff gratuities
- Any newly-implemented government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- Visa fees where relevant
- International airport departure taxes applicable from manned airports only, which is to be paid in US$ cash on departure unless included in your ticket cost
- Any items of a personal nature
- Gorilla trekking permits ($1500 per person per trek)
® WWF and World Wildlife Fund are WWF Registered Trademarks. © 1986 Panda Symbol WWF
© 2019 Natural Habitat Adventures. All Rights Reserved.