With the world’s most majestic large animals roaming free, nature’s marvels continue to spur African tourism. As we move into 2017, several new safari camps and lodges are paving the way for luxury, sustainability, conservation and sheer enjoyment of the safari experience.
Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
The Highlands offers a diverse experience in the Ngorongoro highlands, with access to both the Empakaai and Ngorongoro craters. The lodge delivers a new, contemporary feel to your safari with a stay in modern, free-standing geodesic domes. Nearby, Entamanu Camp, built of traditional safari canvas and perched on the northwest rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, offers rare views into the world’s largest unbroken caldera and the Serengeti Plains further afield.
Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe
Last year heralded the reopening of a completely reimagined Ruckomechi Camp, a veteran camp site in Mana Pools National Park—plus the brand-new Little Ruckomechi Camp. Ruckomechi Camp received an impressive facelift with new draped-canvas tents built on wooden platforms, leather and wood furnishings, fresh linens and spacious en suite bathrooms. Little Ruckomechi is a new, intimate four-tent camp ideal for small family groups or honeymooners. These two accommodations offer traditional tented safari experiences with modern comforts and design that brings a tangible ease to the safari experience.
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
The five-star Lion Sands Ivory Lodge has been extensively refashioned and reopened looking like a feature out of Architectural Digest. The lodge features nine suites that rival the size of average single-family homes with a modern, elegant and luxurious design. Nearby, Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp refreshed its six luxury suites, infusing eclectic African patterns and furnishings with bright, sleek and modern finishes. A sister camp, the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge, also received renovations in the common areas and luxury suites—and unveiled two new light and airy luxury villas for more discerning travelers.
Call Us to Book Your Safari – 1-800-543-8917
|Click Here to Email a Safari Specialist|
You may also like
- Greystoke Mahale and the World's Best Chimpanzee Viewing
- Vumbura's "Chocolate" Zebras
- NEW! The Highlands at Ngorongoro Crater
- Chiawa Camp: A Photographer’s Paradise
- Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2014
- Newborn Elephant at Abu Camp
- Namiri Plains: A Whole New Serengeti
- Dunia Camp: The Serengeti's Year-Round Safari
- Discover Marataba Private Reserve
- Mashatu's Photographic Hides
- Duba Plains: Photography in Botswana's Green Season
- Lion Sands Builds New Tree Houses
- The Exclusive Safari: South Africa Edition
- Africa's Best Sleepouts
- New Sleepout at Ruckomechi Camp
- Interesting Elephant Facts from Camp Jabulani
- Discover the Sea's Greatest Wildlife
- Linkwasha Camp Reopens May 2015!
- Discover Lamai Camp's Secret Season
- Africa's Best Family Safari Camps
- The Jao Safari: Botswana’s Most Diverse
- Little Ruckomechi: Zimbabwe's Most Exclusive New Camp
- New Private Family Lodge in South Africa